All students can learn challenging material if given the right support. At East Detroit Public Schools, we’ve established a safe environment which supports high academic standards.
You’ll find a supportive environment focused on professional development, community involvement and parental involvement.
Students at every grade level will find teachers here to support them every step of the way. As children enter our schools we provide them with a solid foundation for college readiness with a strong emphasis on math, reading, science and social studies.
All children, at every grade level are provided with appropriate assistance and support to achieve success, our programs include support like:
- All Day Kindergarten
- Grade Level Pods
- YMCA Before & After School Care with Bussing
- Multi-grade Program
- Early Literacy Intervention
- Developmentally appropriate programs
- Peer Mentoring Program including Conflict Resolution and Responsibility room
- Access to web-based academic supports at school and home
- Alternative Education Programs
- 9th Grade Academy
- Career Academies
- Dual Enrollment for College Credits